Monday, November 21, 2011

The Cockroach Story from Elder Ortiz


Mi querida y amada familia, [My dear and beloved family],
[This letter is a translation from Mark's current companion, Elder Ortiz.  The spanish text is at the end of this entry in case you want to read the original]
This past week in the mission, I learned many things about Faith and I am working hard to implement them in my life.  I want to tell you that I love you and I’m telling you, it is SO hot here.  The sun is so strong!  Fortunately, I have sun block at a Gringo gave me.
Because of the heat, it is normal to see cockroaches.  A few days ago, Elder Johnson and I burned some.  I really don’t like them.  I had my AXE (an aerosol) and some matches, and well, you can imagine.  But the funniest thing was yesterday with a cockroach.  
But before I share the story, I want to tell you that yesterday, we were in the street, and all of a sudden, we passed by a house where they were having a wake (or mourning the death of someone).  I said to my companion, let’s go in and teach.  It was a bit difficult, but finally, we taught about 27 people about life after death.  It was a very good experience and of course, we challenged them to get baptized.
Now, the funniest thing was when we were in our room while we planned and I was sitting with my legs crossed.  My companion said, “THERE’S A COCKROACH!!!!” I tried to hit him with a big jump and well, we wanted to catch him, but we lost it and we didn’t think much of it.  But after a little while, my companion (Mark) was sitting the same way and he said, “I FELT IT, I FELT IT!!!”  We were both looking everywhere and we said, “Where is it?”  We couldn’t see it anyway and we thought it had gone again.  After a few seconds, Johnson began to yell, “NOOOO!! It’s in my pants, and it’s going up!!!  AHHH!”  He stood up and started jumping around, shaking his pants.  We were dying of laughter.  Ha Ha Ha!

From Elder Ortiz


esta semana que ha pasado en la mision fue lo maximo he aprendido muchas pero muchas cosas de la Fe y bueno estoy en la tarea de implementarlas en mi vida, quiero decirles que los Amo, les cuento que acà esta haciendo un calor terrible y bueno el sol es bien pero bien fuerte, afortunadamente tengo bloqueador que me regalo un Gringo jejejeje.

Les cuendo que del calor que esta haciendo es normal ver cucarachas por hay, y bueno hace unos dias incineramos algunas con Elder Johnson, es que no me gustan y bueno solo vi que tenia mi AXE y unos fosforos y bueno se imaginaran. pèro lo mas chistoso paso ayer con una cucaracha, pero antes de contarles le cuento que ayer estabamos en la calle y depronto pasamos por una casa donde estaban velando a una persona y le dije a mi compañero que nos metieramos a enseñar, fue un poco dificil pero al final les enseñanos de la vida despues de la muerte como a 27 personas, fue una experiencia muy buena y por supuiesto los desafiamos a bautizarce; ahora si lo mas chistoso es que cuando estabamos en el cuarto mientras planificabamos senti en mi pie como cosquillas y mi compañero dijo, HUY UNA CUCARACHAAAAAAA!!! y yo pegue tremendo salto, y bueno la queriamos agarrar pero se perdio y ajj bueno no le dimos mucha importancia, pero despues de un rato mi compañero sintio lo mismo en el pie y dijo. HAY LA SENTI LA SENTI, y los dos mirando por todos lados y dijimos, ¿en donde esta? no la veiamos por ningun lado y bueno pensamos que se habia ido, pero despues de unos cuantos segundo Johnso comenzo a gritar diciendo NOO ESTA EN MI PANTALON AHHHH ESTA SUBIENDO AHHHHH se paro y comenzo a saltar sacudiendose la pierna fue un mate de risa total jajajajaja.

No comments:

Post a Comment